Getting your house ready to sell does not always involve spending a lot of money. In some cases, improving your curb appeal is all it takes to attract potential buyers. Apart from helping you make a good first impression, improving the exterior of your home can also maximize the value of your property.
The goal is to make the outside of your home inviting and welcoming enough that buyers will be excited to see what’s inside. Here a few simple tips that can affordably boost the curb appeal of your home:
- Clean the exteriors. Mold, dust, and grime accumulating outdoors (or in the siding) can be cleaned with a garden hose. You can also benefit from buying special nozzles that can be attached to the hose for better spraying. This may take some time, but it can make your home look nice and fresh. You may also be able to rent a pressure washer, but be sure to use it with caution and wear eye protection.
- Mow the lawn. While you may be able to mow the lawn on your own, you can get better results by hiring a pro. Lawn care experts in Salt Lake City note that this can help improve the look of your home, with the benefit of straight lines and clean edges. You can also turn to the pros for additional landscaping services, like shrub care and trimming the hedges.
- Light it up. Good pathway lighting will not just add curb appeal; it can also increase the safety of your home. You can choose from a number of LED pathway lights that are easy to install. You can also use these lights to accentuate plants and interesting landscape designs.
- Install new house numbers. Upgrade your old house number with a style that matches the architectural style of your property. This is an easy DIY project that can be completed in less than an hour. Check this out for some DIY house number display ideas.
- Paint your front door. This will draw some attention, improve your entrance, and boost your home’s curb appeal. While this may seem a relatively easy job, be sure to prepare the door for painting first. You should also note the old wooden doors need sanding and priming.
These are some things you can do to improve your curb appeal when selling. You can greatly benefit from landscaping services or boosting the health of your lawn, so it’s ideal to work with reliable lawn care experts.